Yesterday I was thinking how many commands he knows, so I made a list:
- "sezi" means sit
- "culcat" means down
- "nu" means no. He doesn't pick up something or doesn't start an activity.
- "gata" means stop. He will stop the current activity. I use this command very often when we cuddle or play and I want to stop (from his point of view we can cuddle for hours, but I have work to do)
- "aici" means here
- "roll over"
- "high5". He does this with both paws, depending on what hand I show him.
- "salut" means give paw. He does this with both paws, depending on what hand I show him.
- "stai" means wait. I use this command when I stay near him.
- "asteapta" means wait. I use this command when I leave him alone.
- "iesi" means out. He gets out of the room. I can use this command when we are outside and I want him to go in. It's funny, but this is his command.
- "pleaca" means go. He will move away from something in the same room or give me more space.
- "la loc" means at your place. He will go to his place, a blanket or a bed. When he slept in the bed I had a blanket on the bed and that was his place. It's funny he thinks something on the floor (blanket or carpet) is "his place" and we went to my mother for a few days he staid only on carpets (on the hallway, living room, bedroom).
- "lasa" means drop it. He can drop a toy or leave a branch.
- "trage" means pull. He pulls a branch or a toy, usually growling. He tends to be very vocal when he plays.
- "bravo" means good-boy
- "la picior" means heel
- "schimb" means change. When we walk and I turn at 180 degrees he will go around me and be on the same side.
- "cauta" means search. He will search something to play in the park or a hidden treat at home.
- "atinge" means touch. He will touch a target with his nose.
- "arata" means touch. He will touch a target with his paw.
- "sus" means jump. He will jump in the car or on something high, for example a rock.
- "prinde" means catch. He catches treats.
He also knows some sign commands, without any vocalization:
- to get thru my legs. I use to "dance" with him.
I'll update this post if I forgot something.
You may also like: Stonehenge and Holiday.